The European College of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology (ECVPT) is a veterinary specialty organisation that includes the two-linked specialties of veterinary pharmacology and toxicology - both of which deal with the action of drugs and xenobiotics on the organism.
The ECVPT aims to advance the quality of veterinary and related biological sciences and animal health care in Europe by enhancing the skills of veterinarians active in the fields of veterinary pharmacology and toxicology by:
- establishing postgraduate training and education to become a specialist in veterinary pharmacology and toxicology
- examining and authenticating veterinarians as specialists (European Veterinary Specialist® in Pharmacology and Toxicology) in veterinary pharmacology and toxicology in order to serve the veterinary patient, its owner and the general public public in general
- encouraging research in and other contributions to the discipline
- promoting the use of veterinary pharmacology ad toxicology to increase the scientific approach to public health issues such as antimicrobial resistance
- promoting the communication and dissemination of knowledge related to veterinary pharmacology and toxicology.
ECVPT operates in close cooperation with the European Association for Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology (EAVPT).