There is an exciting PhD position at the Royal Veterinary College (London), as a part of a large UKRI GCRF One Health Poultry hub.
The RVC-led project will be conducted in Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and Viet Nam, focusing on the impact of the intensification of chicken production on zoonotic disease risk. As part of the Poultry Hub project, data will be generated about (i) AMD usage reported by farmers in their flock, (ii) AMD residues in chicken meat and feathers as detected by mass spectrometry and (iii) the metataxonomics of chicken gut microbial populations and their composition in antimicrobial resistance genes.
About Ghent University
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research supporting the tenured academic staff members of the laboratory of pharmacology and toxicology.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
- You will guide Bachelor’s and Master’s students in the practical exercises and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- You will serve as quality assurance (QA)manager of the bio-analytical laboratory within and outside the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)-quality system.
- You will serve as study director for nonGLP studies for which you are in close contact with external companies.
- You will support toxicological services to the community.
- You will assist in the organization of international scientific conferences.
Click here for a full description of the position.
St. George’s University is a truly international recognized institution located in the English-speaking Caribbean island of Grenada, attracting students from over 80 nations. It boasts a new, rapidly developing and expanding campus, designed to meet the needs of modern innovative instruction. The University includes internationally recognized Schools of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Arts and Sciences, and a Graduate Studies Program. The School offers a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating multicultural environment. Alongside a dedicated faculty and highly motivated student body, St. George’s University emphasises the highest standards of teaching, while encouraging research and hosting the Windward Island Research Foundation (WINDREF) on campus.
The School of Veterinary Medicine is AVMA and RCVS accredited and is inviting applicants for two open positions in veterinary physiology.
Are you a physiologist with a passion for teaching? Check out the job description through this link and apply today!
Page 1 of 2