About Ghent University
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research supporting the tenured academic staff members of the laboratory of pharmacology and toxicology.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
- You will guide Bachelor’s and Master’s students in the practical exercises and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- You will serve as quality assurance (QA)manager of the bio-analytical laboratory within and outside the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)-quality system.
- You will serve as study director for nonGLP studies for which you are in close contact with external companies.
- You will support toxicological services to the community.
- You will assist in the organization of international scientific conferences.
Click here for a full description of the position.
The Department of Clinical-Studies-New Bolton Center in the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Veterinary Medicine invites applications for a tenure track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the field of Forensic Veterinary Pharmacology – Equine emphasis.
The successful candidate will focus on research (≥60% effort) in the area of equine pharmaco-metrics. He/she will be expected to direct a well-funded, collaborative research and forensic service program that supports the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission and the Department of Agriculture. Service duties will include multi-year budgeting, planning, direction, execution and forensic data interpretation. As a Penn Vet faculty member, contributions to the professional and post-graduate training programs, and the institution’s shared governance are also expected.