The Programme Director, Resident Advisor, and Resident each have separate responsibilities for the documentation and verification of the satisfactory training of the Resident.
The Programme Director is responsible for:
- Verification of pre-residency training, and presence of suitable veterinary pharmacology and toxicology facilities, equipment, and supplies within thirty (30) days of programme initiation;
- Distribution of the documentation and verification forms to each Resident annually; and
- Notification of the ECVPT Secretary of any changes in the programme (including changes in personnel) approved originally by the Education Committee.
The Resident Advisor is responsible for:
- Undertaking (at least) semi-annual progress and performance appraisals of the Resident. The Resident Advisor should keep written reports of these meetings, which must have been signed by both the Advisor and the Resident. These reports should be made available to the ECVPT on request only.
- Verification of the Resident Activity Log
- Verification of the Resident Presentation Log
- Writing an annual report on the Resident signed by both the Resident and the Resident Advisor.
The Resident Advisor is responsible for the evaluation of the Resident's progress and will inform the Resident of any deficiencies. The Resident Advisor or Resident should advise the Education Committee of any deficiencies in the training programme.
Last Updated on Monday, 05 December 2016 11:58